Hiring a Speaker
Before you contact us, you might want to sit down with your team and answer some basic questions.
- Why do you want a professional speaker?
- Set specific goals. Do you want your audience to be entertained and inspired, do you want them to be motivated to take certain actions; do you want them to walk away with tools to increase their productivity? What is the biggest challenge your audience faces right now, and how can the speaker help them with this challenge? What are the overall objectives for the meeting?
- What speaker could meet those objectives? Do you need a business speaker, a sales speaker, an inspirational speaker, a leadership speaker, or the best motivational speaker?
- Do you have a set budget in mind? Is it flexible? Speakers ask a wide array of fees normally starting at $5,000 plus travel expenses, so it’s important to know what you want to invest.
Once you have answered those questions, we will work on recommendations, providing you with a “short list” from the thousands of speakers out there. You can look at the videos and bios of the recommended speakers and we will go from there.
Our goal is to make you—the meeting planner—look like a hero by helping you hire the most amazing possible speaker for your event. We know how stressful it can be to stand in the back of the room and watch the speaker you hired bomb. Let us save you time, and reduce some of that risk, and help you find that perfect speaker, the one who will knock it out of the park.
Here’s the information we’ll need from you:
- The location, date, and time of the presentation.
- If they you are considering hiring a celebrity, we need to know up front if that speaker will be expected to attend a reception, an autograph session, a banquet, play golf, etc.
- Are you offering a travel allowance? Negotiating a set travel amount in advance and stating exactly what it covers helps the planner stay on budget.
Speakers’ fees include their upfront preparation, including a conference call, some customization for your particular audience, and their travel time to and from the event.
How can we help you find the right speaker for your event? Please contact us today with any questions, to speak with owner Debbie Taylor, and to get started booking the speaker who will “make” your event a raging success.